July 24, 2014

Work Ready

I'm fortunate to work in an office where a uniform is not required, and also, there isn't too much of a strict dress code. I am able to wear nearly whatever I want, within reason. Although, in Brittani's Utopian World, I'd be wearing anything from a princess cut, tulle skirted ball gown (tiara and precious stone jewelry to boot) to shorts and a tank top with loads of bracelets and/or necklaces to add style. Alas, I do work in an office environment, where modesty is key.


Today, I'm wearing this chartreuse hued number with a modest hemline that barely reveals my knees.
To keep this length flattering and give the appearance of longer gams, I graced my feet with these adorable taupe-colored wedges. When wearing a shift dress such as this one, without a defined waist, it's important to lengthen the legs with a heeled shoe.


Because both, the dress and the shoes, are quite simple and have no embellishments, I added this royal blue statement necklace to add character to an otherwise plain Jane ensemble.


Dress: Boohoo *similar
Necklace: Apricot Lane Boutique *similar
Shoes: Qupid (Frock Candy Boutique) *similar

That's really all there is to it. Not an impossible job to tackle: making a statement in office-appropriate clothing, is it? Nope, not at all. Ok, I'll stop answering my own questions. Have a wonderful day, readers!

Vanilla frosting, pink cheeks, and happy hearts,
Brittani
<3

PS-I'll be doing a special post on creating an office-appropriate "work uniform" soon! Stay tuned!


No comments:

Post a Comment